Get Involved: Work Life
Work Life is a biblically integrated job readiness program for people from generational poverty that provides practical job skills and empowers them to find dignity and purpose through work.
This program teaches participants to recognize that God is at work in the world and that their jobs play a part in that. It also strives to teach them how to decrease poverty in a healthy way that doesn’t hurt themselves or the people they are helping.
The Work Life facilitator training program equips participants to:
- Move their church or ministry from giving things to the poor to building relationships with the poor
- Apply the poverty alleviation principles described in When Helping Hurts
- Create a concrete jobs preparedness ministry plan tailored to their community
- Train low-income people in practical job and life skills
- Mobilize and prepare church members to serve as allies alongside participants, engaging your broader ministry circles in empowering low-income people
Work Life is $350 from now until April 10th.
Click HERE to register
The training program starts with an online course from April 25 – May 25 and finishes with a live weekend in Memphis June 3-4.
For more information on the Work Life program click HERE.